[Zope-CMF] Weird UnicodeDecodeError with zope.formlib

Charlie Clark charlie.clark at clark-consulting.eu
Fri Nov 30 10:19:23 UTC 2012

Hi Patrick,

Am 30.11.2012, 09:50 Uhr, schrieb Patrick Gerken <do3ccqrv at googlemail.com>:

> Add sentry logging with raven to the sites. Trigger an exception in both
> sites. With sentry you can not only see the traceback, but check the
> local
> variable of each frame. You can do the same with pdb of course but not so
> easily side by side to see where the local vars start to differ.
> I can give you access to my sentry server to send the logs to.

thanks for the tip. I've got Sentry and Raven running and reporting but
I'm afraid I still can't see the difference. The posted form looks
indentical in both cases. I can only assume that, as you first suggested,
there is a difference lower down the stack which is causing one instance
to decode the URL-encoded form to unicode and the other to encode it as
UTF-8. How can I check this? locale.getdefaultlocale() reports ('de_DE',
'UTF8') for both.

Charlie
--
Charlie Clark