[Zope-CMF] Security declarations on adapters

yuppie y.2012 at wcm-solutions.de
Wed Sep 5 07:07:10 UTC 2012

Hi Charlie!

Charlie Clark wrote:
> * is there an easy way to write the test for something that requires a
> tool and some content?

The setup of your doctest looks fine, you just have to enable
syndication for the folder (app.site) to get the view.

> * backporting the changes to the PythonScript I hit a roadblock that I
> can't use security declarations on the adapter. Fortunately, I was able
> to use the tool as a workaround but, apart from ripping out the
> PythonScript, I can't think of a better solution.

I think CMF 2.3 should ship with a complete oldstyle skin. So it would
be nice if you could get this working. But I guess it will be the last
release with the oldstyle skin as default. In the long run it will
become unmaintained.

> Any ideas? I'm also struggling with a convenient way of handling the
> difference in time formatting arising form using native datetime and
> DateTime with it's convenient rfc822 method

Removing DateTime completely has no high priority. If you need it as a
formatting tool, just use it.

Cheers,

	Yuppie