[Zope-CMF] [dev] tools as utilities

yuppie y.2012 at wcm-solutions.de
Wed Sep 5 13:31:06 UTC 2012

Hi!

Charlie Clark wrote:
> Am 05.09.2012, 11:48 Uhr, schrieb yuppie <y.2012 at wcm-solutions.de>:
>>  getToolByName is no option because it is part of the machinery that
>> should become obsolete.
>
> Not sure that is should actually ever become obsolete. Much as I am in
> favour of the interface-based lookup, these tools are an essential part
> of the CMF.

That's why getToolByName isn't marked as deprecated. I guess we will
support it for a long time. But I wouldn't recommend to use
getToolByName in new code. If we need getToolByName in CMF (and there
are still some places where it is used), that's a sign that we haven't
finished the 'tools as utilities' project.

Cheers,

	Yuppie