[Zope-CMF] Security declarations on adapters

yuppie y.2012 at wcm-solutions.de
Thu Sep 6 14:24:19 UTC 2012

Hi Charlie!

Charlie Clark wrote:
> Am 06.09.2012, 13:11 Uhr, schrieb yuppie <y.2012 at wcm-solutions.de>:
>>  What is, in your view, missing from a final release?
>>  Laurence proposed some changes for the utilities:
>> https://mail.zope.org/pipermail/zope-cmf/2012-September/030381.html
>
>>  If we agree that's the way to go, I'd like to have his changes in CMF
>> 2.3 before the final release.
>
> Unless something downstream is dependent on these kind of changes I
> don't see any reason to including them at this late stage.

These changes provide better backward compatibility for code using CMF
tools/utilities and better forward compatibility for running CMF on Zope
4. (*If* the proposed changes become part of Zope 4.)

We don't have to wait for the Zope 4 release, just for the decision
about the changes and for a five.localsitemanager release. Some small
changes I made for CMF 2.3 don't play nice with the changes Laurence is
working on.

>>  All the other unfinished tasks can be deferred to CMF 2.4.
>
> Do we have a list of these unfinished tasks?

There are the (incomplete) todo lists for browser views. I'd also like
to revisit the names we did choose for the views and make them the
default target of Actions.

As soon as we have a complete replacement for the oldstyle skins I'd
like to move those skins into a separate legacy package.

(I recently removed the complete skins tool from some of my CMF
instances. That depends on a few hacks, but works quite well.)

We also should consider moving the skins tool and the directory view
code into a separate package. That code has some dependencies that were
removed from Zope 2 (Zope 4) and are not required for sites without
skins tool. In the long run I have no ambitions to maintain that code
and its dependencies.

> Off the top of my head:
> correcting the docs.

There are also duplicate DCWorkflow docs. Someone has to figure out if
the old .stx docs are redundant and obsolete.

> I'd also like to see at least minimal support for a WYSIWYG editor for
> HTML-text fields. Not sure if this should be part of CMF or a standalone
> formlib addition because of the external dependencies.

Some day I want to switch to z3c.form which has more add ons. I wouldn't
spend too much time on formlib specific features.

Cheers,

	Yuppie