[Zope-CMF] CMFActionIcons moved to github

Maurits van Rees m.van.rees at zestsoftware.nl
Mon Sep 14 23:42:09 CEST 2015

Op 14-09-15 om 09:06 schreef Charlie Clark:
> Am .09.2015, 16:57 Uhr, schrieb Maurits van Rees
> <m.van.rees at zestsoftware.nl>:
>
>> Yes, Plone has switched over a long time ago.  Plone 4.0 and higher,
>> including Plone 5, have CMF 2.2.  (Not 2.3, for compatibility reasons
>> that I don't know.)
>
> I can't remember the details myself. I don't think the API has changed
> much.
>
>> But CMFActionIcons 2.1.3 is still shipped in Plone 4 for backwards
>> compatibility reasons, so you don't get broken objects in the ZMI.
>
> ? Can't Plone 4 be fixed instead?

Two reasons:
1. If you migrate from Plone 3 to Plone 4 you have the
portal_actionicons tool in your data.  Plone runs migration code to move
those over, but for this migration to work you still need the underlying
code from Products.CMFActionIcons.
2. Addons that want to have an actionicon and want to support Plone 3
and 4 at the same time, must still use the portal_actionicons tool.

Plone 5 really no longer uses it, and in a migration it removes the
portal_actionicons tool if it is there.

>> I noticed some links to svn.zope.org in the sources.cfg in the Plone
>> coredev buildout for 4.3, and I wanted to get rid of it.  This is part
>> of that.
>
> That does not sound like a good enough reason to me or does it relate to
> the recent certificate problems? In any case the repo should be made
> read-only if possible.

Read-only is not possible; at least I cannot do that.
I have now added a fairly large warning in the readme that is
immediately visible on github:
https://github.com/zopefoundation/Products.CMFActionIcons

--
Maurits van Rees: http://maurits.vanrees.org/