[Zope-Coders] ParsedXML tests

Martijn Faassen faassen@vet.uu.nl
Tue, 15 Jan 2002 15:04:20 +0100

Hi there,

My apologies for the weird non-followup; I seem to have lost some
mail yesterday, so I'm peeking at the archives.

[Shane]
[parser crash bug]
> The crash bug appears only when you correct the tests, as you said.

Ah, okay, then you're talking about the same crash bug as well.

> I tried to fix the unicode issue by changing Printer.py so instead of
> comparing the output of repr(), tests compare the output of unicode().
> But this led to semi-predictable core dumps.  Sometimes instead of core
> dumps I got hangs.  It looked like it might be an issue with the unicode
> module, but maybe it's a manifestation of expat using the unicode module
> incorrectly.

In the fix I tried, I got rather unpredictable coredumps; it would depend
on the inclusion of extra print statements whether the crash would happen in
one test or a few tests forward, pointing at some memory corruption somewhere.

> Right.  I actually spent some time over the holidays looking over every
> line changed when cAccessControl was merged in.  Try as I might, I could
> not find any errors in cAccessControl.  cDocumentTemplate changed also,
> but I haven't reviewed that.

Thanks for spending the time. It can't be cDocumentTemplate, I think;
I can trigger the bug with a PythonScript, though I'll verify this again.

Regards,

Martijn