[Zope-Coders] Re: [Zope-Checkins] CVS: Zope/lib/python/TAL - TALInterpreter.py:1.65

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Thu, 24 Jan 2002 16:12:38 +0000

Tres Seaver wrote:

> WAAAA!  I started to make the same patch the other day, but then
> exploited my "walk around the corner" access to check with Evan;
> it turns out that PageTemplates (and therefore TAL and ZTUtils)
> still need to maintain Python 1.5.2 compatibility, until the ZPT
> community no longer needs it.  We should probably revert your checkin,
> and then re-do it on a branch (unless Evan has already polled the
> community and you are acting on the results, in which case I
> withdraw my objection).

We (Evan, Fred, me) found a slightly different approach, the two checkins stayed
and Fred put a tag on the last 1.5.2 compatible version....

cheers,

Chris - yer damned if you do, yer damned if you don't ;-)