[Zope-Coders] Great article on unit tests

Tres Seaver tseaver@zope.com
Mon, 28 Jan 2002 17:51:31 -0500

Chris Withers wrote:

> Tres Seaver wrote:
>
>>I have gone a fair way down this path already, and plan to release
>>
>>("throw over the wall") the software and docs ASAP.  In fact, here
>>are the docs (I need to move the CVS to the public repository, probably
>>tomorrow):
>>
>>   http://cmf.zope.org/Members/tseaver/FunctionalTesting/wiki/FrontPage
>>

> Looks cool :-)
>
> IS this over the wall yet?

I just put it out on the public CVS server::

   $ cvs -d :ext:cvs.zope.org:/cvs-repository co Packages/FunctionalTests

I will make a tarball and push it to www.zope.org tonight.

> If so, are there any sample tests anywhere? I'm still trying to get my head
> around functional testing...

Samples are in an 'examples' directory under the package.  Note that

I used these to good effect during the CMF 1.2 release cycle:  in
particular, I found a couple of bugs (one in ZPT!) which unit tests
didn't uncover (and really couldn't).

Tres.