[Zope-CVS] CVS: Products/AdaptableStorage/zodb - consts.py:1.3
Thu, 5 Dec 2002 12:38:48 -0500
Update of /cvs-repository/Products/AdaptableStorage/zodb
In directory cvs.zope.org:/tmp/cvs-serv16479/zodb
The following comments might not make sense to anyone but me right now,
but someday it might be useful for historical purposes.
- Removed ClassificationAspect. This strategy simply can't work correctly.
The load() method of FSClassificationSection was using the wrong object
mapper to classify filenames (it was using the child's rather than the
container's object mapper), revealing that classification should be
known only to the container, not the object.
- Added a "preserve" write mode to FSConnection, enabling classification to
be preserved even though other sections get changed.
- Simplified FSClassificationSection using the new preserve write mode.
- Since ClassificationAspect no longer exists, nothing will ever delegate
aspect loading/storing to MetaTypeClassifier. Removed the methods that
implemented the IAspectSerializer interface.
- Now gateways can return None as the serial, making them invisible to the
- Added tests that verify that classifications get stored in preserve mode.
- Turned the debug flag back off :-)
=== Products/AdaptableStorage/zodb/consts.py 1.2 => 1.3 ===
--- Products/AdaptableStorage/zodb/consts.py:1.2 Wed Dec 4 23:18:09 2002
+++ Products/AdaptableStorage/zodb/consts.py Thu Dec 5 12:38:47 2002
@@ -16,7 +16,7 @@
-DEBUG = 1
+DEBUG = 0
VERIFY_CLASSES = 0
VERIFY_SCHEMAS = 0
VERIFY_COMPUTED_OIDS = 0