[Zope-CVS] CVS: Products/ZCTextIndex - BaseIndex.py:1.13
Fri, 17 May 2002 13:48:41 -0400
Update of /cvs-repository/Products/ZCTextIndex
In directory cvs.zope.org:/tmp/cvs-serv30905
Improve OOV explanation, based on Guido's feedback.
=== Products/ZCTextIndex/BaseIndex.py 1.12 => 1.13 ===
# There are two kinds of OOV words: wid 0 is explicitly OOV,
# and it's possible that the lexicon will return a non-zero wid
- # for a word *we've* never seen (e.g., lexicons can be shared
- # across indices, and a query can contain a word some other
- # index knows about but we don't). A word is in-vocabulary for
- # this index if and only if _wordinfo.has_key(wid). Note that
- # wid 0 must not be a key in _wordinfo.
+ # for a word we don't currently know about. For example, if we
+ # unindex the last doc containing a particular word, that wid
+ # remains in the lexicon, but is no longer in our _wordinfo map;
+ # lexicons can also be shared across indices, and some other index
+ # may introduce a lexicon word we've never seen.
+ # A word is in-vocabulary for this index if and only if
+ # _wordinfo.has_key(wid). Note that wid 0 must not be a key.
self._wordinfo = IOBTree()
# docid -> weight