[Zope-CVS] CVS: Packages/zpkgtools/doc - TODO.txt:1.10
Fred L. Drake, Jr.
fred at zope.com
Wed Apr 21 10:03:09 EDT 2004
Update of /cvs-repository/Packages/zpkgtools/doc
In directory cvs.zope.org:/tmp/cvs-serv24834
- remove problem aspects that have been handled
- update some comments
- use proper capitalization consistently
=== Packages/zpkgtools/doc/TODO.txt 1.9 => 1.10 ===
--- Packages/zpkgtools/doc/TODO.txt:1.9 Tue Apr 20 23:18:55 2004
+++ Packages/zpkgtools/doc/TODO.txt Wed Apr 21 10:03:08 2004
@@ -1,7 +1,7 @@
-- need name + acronym to describe what gets built, not normal words
- (Jim sez)
+- Need name + acronym to describe what gets built, not normal words
+ (Jim sez).
-- need to add support for Subversion checkouts
+- Need to add support for Subversion checkouts.
- We should have some way to wildcard an entire hierarchy of packages
in resource maps. Something like
@@ -41,20 +41,17 @@
-- support for installation of packages that don't exist at the top
- level of the package hierarchy (really a distutils problem)
+- Deal with a package tree like the zope package tree that includes
+ both pure-Python and non-pure packages; these could easily land in
+ separate directory hierarchies for installations using a different
+ $prefix and $exec_prefix. (The pkgutil module from the standard
+ library does not provide an acceptable solution due to a bug: see
+ http://www.python.org/sf/935117 for more info.)
- - installation of "zope.app" that uses existing "zope" package
+- Fix up finddeps.py to stop searching at defined boundaries. How to
+ define these boundaries is in flux at the moment.
- - dealing with a package tree like the zope package tree that
- includes both pure-Python and non-pure packages; see the pkgutil
- module in Python's standard library as a possible approach to a
-- fix up finddeps.py to stop searching at `PUBLICATION.cfg` boundaries
- (have patch)
-- package assembler script to build sumo/combined distro (in progress)
+- Package assembler script to build sumo/combined distro (in progress)
- CVS retriever (mostly done; need to deal with unspecified type and
user for remote repositories)
@@ -66,7 +63,9 @@
- more configuration settings?
-- expand the prototype section to the pre-proposal documenting the
- current effort; this lets people respond and offer suggestions
+ It's not clear these remaining issues are particularly important.
+- Expand the prototype section to the pre-proposal documenting the
+ current effort; this lets people respond and offer suggestions.
-- documentation, documentation, documentation!
+- Documentation, documentation, documentation!
More information about the Zope-CVS