[Zope-CVS] CVS: Packages/zpkgtools/doc - collections.txt:1.7
Fred L. Drake, Jr.
fred at zope.com
Thu Apr 29 10:24:59 EDT 2004
Update of /cvs-repository/Packages/zpkgtools/doc
In directory cvs.zope.org:/tmp/cvs-serv30376
- update comments about PACKAGE.cfg
- remove duplicate detailed information about the metadata files,
referring the reader to the metadata document for that
=== Packages/zpkgtools/doc/collections.txt 1.6 => 1.7 ===
--- Packages/zpkgtools/doc/collections.txt:1.6 Mon Apr 19 13:16:36 2004
+++ Packages/zpkgtools/doc/collections.txt Thu Apr 29 10:24:58 2004
@@ -64,23 +64,16 @@
for a distribution.
- An optional file which describes what files should be added to the
- collection itself from other locations (this is normally expected to
- be documentation files or scripts). It is also possible to specify
- that files in the collection should not be included in
- distributions. Additionally, it can include information about what
- files should appear in the distribution root.
+ An optional file whihc describes how the collection distribution
+ should be assembled.
Another optional file containing a list of direct dependencies, as
well as any files that are specific to the collection. Each line
- must be a resource identifier or a comment.
+ must be a resource identifier, a comment, or blank.
-Additional files may be present in a collection; these are copied into
-the collection-specific directory directly unless `PACKAGE.cfg`
-indicates they should not be distributed. The `README.txt` file in
-this example is such a file. The files used by distutils will be
-generated and added to the directory as well.
+Additional information on these files can be found in `Metadata
+Descriptions for Distributions <metadata.html>`_.
For each dependency that can be fulfilled (a location is specified in
the `resource maps`_ loaded by |zpkg|_), an additional directory is
More information about the Zope-CVS