[Zope-CVS] CVS: Packages/zpkgtools/doc - TODO.txt:1.1
Fred L. Drake, Jr.
fred at zope.com
Wed Mar 17 17:46:26 EST 2004
Update of /cvs-repository/Packages/zpkgtools/doc
In directory cvs.zope.org:/tmp/cvs-serv11314
yeah, there's more to do; checking this in to make it easier for me to
share between machines
=== Added File Packages/zpkgtools/doc/TODO.txt ===
- need name + acronym to describe what gets built, not normal words
- support for installation of packages that don't exist at the top
level of the package hierarchy (really a distutils problem)
- installation of "zope.app" that uses existing "zope" package
- dealing with a package tree like the zope package tree that
includes both pure-Python and non-pure packages; see the pkgutil
module in Python's standard library as a possible approach to a
- find way to ditch setup.cfg completely; we only need it to mark
files as documentation for bdist_rpm
- fix up finddeps.py to stop searching at PUBLICATION.txt boundaries
- package assembler script to build sumo/combined distro (in progress)
- CVS retriever (mostly done; need to deal with unspecified type and
user for remote repositories)
- can check ~/.cvspass to see if there's an entry there
- otherwise assume :ext: if there's a CVS_RSH setting? or just
always? try anonymous :pserver: access?
- more configuration settings?
- expand the prototype section to the pre-proposal documenting the
current effort; this lets people respond and offer suggestions
- documentation, documentation, documentation!
More information about the Zope-CVS