[Zope-CVS] CVS: Packages/zpkgtools/doc - TODO.txt:1.26
Fred L. Drake, Jr.
fred at zope.com
Fri May 7 22:46:23 EDT 2004
Update of /cvs-repository/Packages/zpkgtools/doc
In directory cvs.zope.org:/tmp/cvs-serv7066
- add "Quick Start" how-to
- fix various markup nits
=== Packages/zpkgtools/doc/TODO.txt 1.25 => 1.26 ===
--- Packages/zpkgtools/doc/TODO.txt:1.25 Fri May 7 14:07:11 2004
+++ Packages/zpkgtools/doc/TODO.txt Fri May 7 22:46:21 2004
@@ -5,6 +5,10 @@
- Need name + acronym to describe what gets built, not normal words
(Jim sez). Zope3-Dev seems to want to call them "packages".
+- Write a "Quick Start" document to show people how to get started.
+ This will include a prepared resource map for many of the packages
+ used with Zope X3.
- Package assembler script to build sumo/combined distro (mostly done)
- The zpkgtools.locationmap module still doesn't handle Subversion
@@ -26,7 +30,7 @@
defining package data (common in Zope, but not for everyone). Low
- - Make directory inclusion through `PACKAGE.cfg` honor PACKAGE.cfg
+ - Make directory inclusion through `PACKAGE.cfg` honor `PACKAGE.cfg`
files in included directories. The <load> section of the such
`PACKAGE.cfg` files should be honored as well.
@@ -62,16 +66,16 @@
library does not provide an acceptable solution due to a bug: see
http://www.python.org/sf/935117 for more info.)
- (We're currently dealing with them by saying "use --home when
+ (We're currently dealing with them by saying "use **--home** when
+ installing". This may be sufficient.)
- Fix up finddeps.py to stop searching at defined boundaries. How to
define these boundaries is in flux at the moment.
- Find a way to use ZConfig itself instead of the half-way
- re-implementation in zpkgtools.cfgparser; it's a real pain having to
- give up %defines and some of the nicer aspects of schemas (or having
- to re-implement them).
+ re-implementation in ``zpkgtools.cfgparser``; it's a real pain
+ having to give up %defines and some of the nicer aspects of schemas
+ (or having to re-implement them).
- Expand the prototype section to the pre-proposal documenting the
current effort; this lets people respond and offer suggestions.
More information about the Zope-CVS