[Zope-DB] Change connection objects outside of Zope

Dario Lopez-Kästen dario@ita.chalmers.se
Thu, 16 Aug 2001 20:11:22 +0200

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mark Langkau" <mlangkau@execpc.com>

> How would I go about programmatically changing the connect string in a
> database connection object? In our production environment, we change ou=
> database passwords on a regular basis. It will become a pain to change
> all of the hard coded user/password strings in the connection objects.
> (There may not be a large number to change - but *remembering* to chang=
> them, and to find all of them will become a maintenance issue ;-)

hm... this might be solvable by using the Z Forwarding Database Adapter

http://www.zope.org/Members/shai/ZForwardingDA

has anyone used it and can share any experinces?

/dario

oh... Thank you for the new list !!! :-)

Dario Lopez-Kästen     Systems Developer  Chalmers Univ. of Technology
dario@ita.chalmers.se  ICQ will yield no hits    IT Systems & Services