[Zope-DB] looping through

Steve Spicklemire steve@spvi.com
Fri, 31 Aug 2001 08:05:38 -0500

Hi Russell,

	I didn't see your original message, but to add rows to your DB you
need to use an 'insert' query:

Here is a query that I've used to add rows to a table called
Persons_Basic:

  insert into Persons_Basic  values (
<dtml-sqlvar personID type=string>,
<dtml-sqlvar firstName  type=string>,
<dtml-sqlvar lastName  type=string>,
<dtml-sqlvar birthDate  type=float>,
<dtml-sqlvar hairColor  type=string>)

personID, firstName, lastName, birthDate, and hairColor are all
parameters of the query.

-steve