[Zope-DB] Postgres + PgSQL

Gerhard Häring gerhard@bigfoot.de
Sun, 4 Nov 2001 21:30:48 +0100

On Sun, Nov 04, 2001 at 04:24:10PM -0300, Jean Pierre Litsas wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am using Zope 2.4.2 to calling a external method to select some rows in
> PostgreSQL 7.1.3, this external method use PgSQL 1.6 and   i am having this
> error :
> Error Type: AttributeError
> Error Value: 'PgSQL' module has no attribute 'connect'

I'm not sure if this is a feature of Python or Zope, but there's an
incompletely loaded PgSQL in memory. Restart Zope and you will be fine.

Is there a way to let Zope do the equivalent of "unload module", btw.?

You probably have already done this, but:

you need to edit PgSQL.py and exchange the order of two import statements so
that they read like this instead of the other way round. This is so that PgSQL
does *not* use Zope's internal DateTime module:

try:
    from mx import DateTime
except:
    import DateTime
from libpq import *

This won't be necessary anymore in pyPgSQL 2.0. The pyPgSQL DA will also be in
CVS, soon.

Gerhard
--
mail:   gerhard <at> bigfoot <dot> de       registered Linux user #64239
web:    http://www.cs.fhm.edu/~ifw00065/    OpenPGP public key id 86AB43C0