[Zope-DB] Sybase .. still =)

D. Rick Anderson ruger@comnett.net
Tue, 13 Nov 2001 11:50:22 -0800

I'm still having problems with the Sybase DA. The Sybase server that
we're using is Adaptive Server 6.0.3 running on Netware 5.0. Every linux
Sybase client that I've tried has given me compilation problems so far
and the one that I doctored to work ended up being unable to connect.
I've tried the verion 10.x open client from Sybase and their 12.5 client
with the eval download. The one I'm trying it on now is the 11.0.3.3-6
rpm version with the 10.0.4-6 development libraries (don't ask me ..
that's how they had them grouped), but I'm still having problems getting
the sy_occ.so to compile.

Is there a certain Sybase client that I need to be using? If so then
where can I get it? All of the linux clients I've used so far have been
missing either .so files or .h files. I've set the env variable
correctly and I've adjusted the Setup file if the dev libraries happen
to be in a different directory.

Thanks,

Rick

Rick Anderson                Work: (702)397-6445
System Administrator         Cell: (702)275-1855
ComNett Computer Services http://www.comnett.net