[Zope-DB] using connection from script

Jochen Mader jochen@allschools.net
Tue, 2 Oct 2001 13:27:43 +0200

Hello,
I'm a newbie with zope,  switched to zope 3 days ago after programming wih
j2ee for 2 years (may that darn thing burn in hell). After recreating some of
my projects within zope (it took me weeks to utilize ejbs to do that, in zope
it worked in just some hours *sigh*).
My problem now is that I don't know wether it is possible to do the following:
I have defined a Postgres connection using psycopg. I know that it's
possible to get a connection by doing
context.<connectionname>.connect(<credentials>)
but that is not what I want to do. I'd like to just use the defined
connection (it has already been opened with the right credentials so why
should I open a new connection and giving the credentials again).
So what I'm asking is: is it possible to use a defined conenction as some
kind of a connectionpool.

Jochen