[Zope-DB] DCOracle2 Oracle9i problems

Matthew T. Kromer matt@zope.com
Mon, 15 Oct 2001 17:24:35 -0400

Christopher Jenkins wrote (regarding executemany and Oracle 9i):

>Thanks for going to this trouble.  I only hope that after
>this amount of effort you will be able to resolve the problems.

BTW, I did check in a change today to the CVS code that I think has
taken out the ambiguity that was setup for Oracle9i.  Personally, I read
the documentation as allowing an OCIBindArrayOfStruct even when you
aren't trying to bind a PL/SQL array variable (and this certainly works
on Oracle 8.1) but this seems to trigger a check in Oracle 9i.  I'm sure
if I reported this as a problem it would come back like the IBM
"documentation APAR" meaning "we'll fix the documentation when we update
it".

AFAIK the code also continues to work for Oracle 8.0, and 8.1.   I'm
nervous that there might be some alignment problems, but I dont know
that they will occur in real life (alignment probs when padding occurs
at the end of structures could cause incorrect results, potentially).

That checkin means you dont have to switch back to dynamic binds by
commenting out the line in DCOracle2.py which does a setStatic call on
the binding array.