[Zope-DB] Re: [Zope-dev] SQLite as a Light DB component for Zope and Python

Eron Lloyd lloyd@lancaster.lib.pa.us
02 Apr 2002 10:02:22 -0500

Very interesting. I think I've read about this somewhere before. The
claim of "4x faster than PostgreSQL" raised my brow. It is true that
Gadfly is becoming quite stale, and only supports a *very* limited
subset of SQL. It also would be nice to see something a bit more robust
than just shelve in the Standard Library. Gadfly is ok to begin a
prototype in, but frustrating once you quickly hit a glass ceiling in
functionality. I'm interested in seeing how well it can scale, versus
Postgres, however. Any experience?

Thanks for the info,

Eron Lloyd