[Zope-DB] How to view a dynamically generated ZSQL query

Jorge O. Martinez jmartinez@eMediaMillWorks.com
Tue, 16 Apr 2002 13:43:55 -0400

Hi:

I am working on a page that will return certain values based on a var
that is input through a drop-down menu in a form. I have a ZSQL method
that works with other ways of passing values (as foo.html?id=bar for
example), but I am attempting to pass a value through a drop down with
no luck.

I am getting a message that says:

Error Type: DatabaseError
Error Value: (933, 'ORA-00933: SQL command not properly ended')

So my question is this: Is there a dtml method (or Ptyhon script) to
display the sql that is being dynamically generated and passed to the
ZSQL method? (for debugging). I'd like to see what is the sql that zope
is trying to run, but can't see it.

Also, while I am on the topic, is there a dmtl method, or python script
that will dump all the HTTP vars. For those familiar with PHP the
equivalent to 'var_dump($HTTP_POST_VARS)' would be nice. That'd help in
debugging a lot. Sorry if this is basic stuff, but I am new to Python/Zope.

Thanks!

Jorge M.

--
Jorge O. Martinez