[Zope-DB] Re: [Psycopg] "broken" psycopg on SuSE 7.3

Robert Herzog rherzog@sga.ulb.ac.be
Sun, 21 Apr 2002 12:26:14 +0200

Hello, friends

The mailing list once proved to be invaluable... I followed several
advices expressed after my "message in the bottle" call of yesterday
noon, and here is the product : a working Zope with connection to my
PostgreSQL server.
The main clue came from Leonardo, pointing out that Zope 2.5.0 _DOES
NOT_ work with Python 2.2. In fact hoping to solve my problems, I had
even replaced my initial Python 2.2 with its last 2.2.1 version, but
this did not help.
I scratched most of my installation, went over a fresh PostgreSQL (now
7.2.1), a fresh Python 2.1.3 and still my binary Linux Zope. No go !
Finally, I acquired and installed a source Zope 2.5.0 and got the whole
kitchen to cooperate.
Now my import traceback reports :

      Import Traceback

None

Hurrah ! No more broken product....

Thanks again to all who bothered to reply to my call.

Cheers,

Robert

--
Robert HERZOG