[Zope-DB] ODBC

dman dman@dman.ddts.net
Mon, 22 Apr 2002 21:20:24 -0500

On Sun, Apr 21, 2002 at 09:11:47PM +0200, Dieter Maurer wrote:
| Carlos Americo Ojeda Medina writes:
|  > Hi, i installed ZOPE in a linux machine and installed databases in
|  > windows machine with ODBC, can i acces this DBs with the "Zope ODBC
|  > Database Adapter"?
|
| I do not think so, unless your Linux is able to execute Windows
| dlls.
|
| Apparently, there are several ways to connect between Linux and
| MS SQL Server:
[snip list]

I also need to query a SQL Server db from Zope running on Linux.  Are
there any existing Database Adapters that can do this (probably using
one of the snipped techniques) or must I make my own or use External
Methods?

TIA,
-D

(BTW, the .sig is randomly chosen by a script)

--

If Microsoft would build a car...
... Occasionally your car would die on the freeway for no reason. You