[Zope-DB] Problem with Psycopg installation

Jeremy Rew huxley1@westnet.com.au
Fri, 09 Aug 2002 15:48:04 -0800

Hi

> >Lutz Steinborn wrote:
> >Good morning,

> >On Fri, 09 Aug 2002 14:52:26 -0800
> >Jeremy Rew <huxley1@westnet.com.au> wrote:

> Im having a problem running the configure command when trying to
> install Psycopg. I receive the error:
> checking for mxDateTime.h... configure: error: can't build without
> mx headers
>
> I have installed the mx base package and it has placed itself in
> Zope-2.5.1/lib/python2.1/site-packages.
>
> I ran the configure command as follows:
>
> ./configure --with-postgres-libraries=/usr/local/pgsql/lib
> --with-postgres-includes=/usr/local/pgsql/include--with-mxdatetime-
> includes=/usr/Zope-2.5.1/lib/python2.1/site-packages/mx/DateTime/mx
> DateTime--with-zope=/usr/Zope-2.5.1

> >I can't believe that the mx includes are in this diretory.
> >Find the location of this includes an set your
> >--with-mxdatetime-includes to the correct direction.

The only mxdatetime include i could find was in this directory. This is
where the mxDateTime.h file is located.

> >How have you installed mx-date-time ??
> >rpm, apt-get or by source

mxDateTime came with an installation of egenix-mx-base-2.0.2.tar.gz.
Should I have used a separate installation?