[Zope-DB] Database Adapter issue

Ken ken@carnahan.ws
Mon, 19 Aug 2002 16:34:59 -0700

Hi all,

I am new to zope so please bear with me.
I am trying to get an adapter (any is fine with me :) to work for me.
I have Postgresql and Mysql running on a FreeBSD 4.5 box, with the latest
Zope(2.5.1 ?).
I have gotten all the files and done installs for ZmysqlDA and also the
MysqlDB, I have also installed the psycopg files.
In my Product directory there is the Zmysqlda and also the ZPsycopgda
directories.
I restart Zope and go to the prodcut management section. It shows them
listed, but says they are broken.
When I click on the broken product here is what I get:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/www/Zope/lib/python/OFS/Application.py", line 531, in
import_product
    product=__import__(pname, global_dict, global_dict, silly)
  File "/usr/local/www/Zope/lib/python/Products/ZPsycopgDA/__init__.py",
line 92, in ?
    import DA
  File "/usr/local/www/Zope/lib/python/Products/ZPsycopgDA/DA.py", line 91,
in ?
    from db import DB
  File "/usr/local/www/Zope/lib/python/Products/ZPsycopgDA/db.py", line 99,
in ?
    import psycopg
ImportError: No module named psycopg

I am sure this is a minor thing, but being new to zope and to database
adapters, I am a little lost.
Has anybody seen this or can tell me the best way to remedy this?

Honestly, this comes from the simple fact that I have installed zope and
really like it, so am playing around with a new website. I can not get the
default database to let me insert large enough text blocks. It seems to only
like allow a 2 k document (using the varchar to create a table) Is there
another way? varchar(XXXX) doesn't seem to have any effect either way. So I
thoughtI would just plug in MySQL or Postgres and be done with it.

See how something so simple can get so convoluted?
wow.. such is life :)

Thanks for any help you can give !

Ken