[Zope-DB] Error message in DCOracle2

Dieter Fischer dieter.fischer@grid-it.ch
Tue, 3 Dec 2002 15:51:36 +0100

Hello Matthew

>This comes from a recent change to ZODB3 which causes anything which
>registers with the transaction manager to be committed in a strict
>order.  It wants the things that register to have a sortKey() method; if
>it doesnt have one, it guesses a default.  Zope *probably* needs to
>update the Shared.DC.ZRDB.TM class to add a sortKey method which is
>harmless.  The reason for the sort orders is to prevent a deadlock when
>a lock is required to commit a transaction and two independant servers
>acquire locks in different orders.

Thanks for the answer. So I think I can ignore the errors for a while.

It's just that all my users work in this exUserFolder. Each time they make a
request to zope they call a header/footer/body (frame), this gives 3 errors
in the log. So I think, I dont' like to go to production in this state (to
many question by the system manager regarding a huge log file ;-) ).

Do you think, there will be a fix for that?

Regards

Dieter