[Zope-DB] Per-user connections

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Mon, 9 Dec 2002 19:37:01 +0100

Bo M. Maryniuck writes:
 > On Saturday 07 December 2002 00:43, Dieter Maurer wrote:
 > > Transaction control is usually done at the connection level.
 > But you can spool dozen of _connections_.
 >
 > > When you put a connection in a session,
 > Probably this is impossible to put *connection* in a session because
 > connection is not pickleable object and cannot be session stored. AFAIK.
Which respect to the discussion (thread safety), it does not matter
whether you put the connection itself in a session or an identifier
for it.

When you are happy with your solution, that is fine with me.
However, you should carefully consider thread safety. If you don't,
you can get non-deterministic failure. This is very difficult to
analyse...

Dieter