[Zope-DB] Reproting bugs

Matthew T. Kromer matt@zope.com
Thu, 17 Jan 2002 17:34:40 -0500

Dario Lopez-K=E4sten wrote:

>Hi!
>
>I got some advice from chrism on how to report bugs in DCO2, but i need =
>ask again.
>
>The only way I know that there is a serious dco2 bug is by examining cor=
>dumps and examne them. I often cannot present a test case, I only have
>evidence in the core dumps, and I usually discover them after a while.
>
>What would be the best way to report core dumping DCO2 bugs? How much am=
ount
>of stack trace do I need to provide? and so on...
>
>thanks,
>
>/dario

Well, if you can cause it to core on command, you can hook gdb up to the=20
running process and then call the routine

Tracedump()

when you get a segfault -- you can use gdb's "call" command to do that.=20
 It will try to write the trace dump into a file called "dco2.tdm" when=20
you do it that way.  HOWEVER, that only works if the tracing flags are=20
turned on -- so you have to have the environment variable=20
DCO2TRACEFLAGS=3D255 set and maybe set DCO2TRACESIZE=3D512 or so (thats t=
he=20
number of records to keep in the buffer).