[Zope-DB] mxODBC Zope Database Adapter

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Thu, 11 Jul 2002 21:46:46 +0200

M.-A. Lemburg writes:
 > * are there any extensions to the standard interface (currently
 >    there only seems to be a single .query() method in there),
 >    which I could implement to better expose the rich ODBC
 >    APIs (e.g. catalog methods come to mind) ?
Many DAs provide tabs to browse the schema.

And, it would be nice, when we had also ways to add new tables,
add columns and similar things (also I did not meet any DA
that could do this).

 > And, since this is my first Zope product :):
 >
 > * is there a standard way to ship Zope products (the most common
 >    seems to be: unzip + restart, but that doesn't strike me as
 >    user-friendly and it also doesn't work with C extensions unless
 >    you ship binary releases)
You may look at ZMySQLDA. I think it makes it quite well.

Due to Zope restriction, a Zope restart is unavoidable after the
installation of a new product.

Dieter