[Zope-DB] DCOracle2.1.1 problems

Johannes Heinz j.heinz@sz-sb.de
Mon, 15 Jul 2002 09:51:00 +0200

Hi,

I have just upgraded from DCOracle1.3.2 to DCOracle2.1.1 and
the following problems:

(1)
calling a stored procedure with lob_support leads to hanging
as if the description isn't gotten correctly,
other stored procedures seem to work.
(we did not change stored procedures).
The call is:
(with c as a cursor)
c.callproc('lob_support.get_tag_data',<......params....>)
---
(2)
Using Lob functions in the form:

c=self.TedOracle.cursor()
  c.execute('select LENGTH,INHALT_LOB from %s where DOCNUM=%s' % (tablename,docnum))
  r=c.fetchone()
  text=''
  lob=r[1]
  length=lob.length()
  restlength=length
  while restlength>1000:
    text=text+lob.read(1000)
    restlength=restlength-1000
  text=text+lob.read(restlength)

leads to ORA-03127 with the first occurence of lob.read
("no new operations allowed until the active operation ends")
---
(3)
A select query of an empty string field in the Oracle Database
returns the string text "None" (!!!) instead of a None object or an empty string!!!

Could you please tell me, if I have made something wrong or if this is a bug
(known or unknown or probably yet solved)?

Kind regards,
Johannes Heinz