[Zope-DB] ZODBC Information

M.-A. Lemburg mal@lemburg.com
Mon, 22 Jul 2002 19:05:45 +0200

Jose Gerardo Amaya Giron wrote:
>> > You see the problem is not mine, one of our programmers develop a
>> > website with multiple SQL Methods, but he never use transactions and now
>> > we have kind of a problem. He asume that Zope create transaction and
>> > rollback if necesary, so we are all trying to find a solution that
>> > causes less damage to the hole development.
>>He is right.
>

> But when I try to use transaction with multiple SQL Methods it did not
> work, only if the transaction were in the same SQL Method it work fine.
> is there some configuration I'm missing

As I understand the Zope TM concept, all Zope database connections
register themselves with the Zope TM and if something goes wrong,
the TM will call ._abort() on all these connections.

Could be that some of your database connections are run in auto-commit
mode, though. In that case, you lose, because transactions then cannot
be rolled back on those connections.

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
CEO eGenix.com Software GmbH