[Zope-DB] Re: Uploading Images in Zope from Client Side

Joel Burton joel@joelburton.com
Mon, 4 Mar 2002 16:19:36 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 27 Feb 2002, dipak bhandari wrote:

> I would like to know a way to upload images in Zope from the client side via a form and insert it in a table in
> Gadfly and MySQL. Moreover, how do we restrict the size (in KB) of the uploaded images. Please get back to me
> ASAP.

MySQL can store binary data in a table, so storage an image there would be
no problem.

Read the Zope HOWTOs on retrieving files that are uploaded from forms
(lots of FAQs on this in the zope@zope.org ML). Then, just use a
ZSQLMethod to insert that data into a table.

No idea about Gadfly; it's mostly there to play with.

--

Joel BURTON  |  joel@joelburton.com  |  joelburton.com  |  aim: wjoelburton
Independent Knowledge Management Consultant