[Zope-DB] Getting 500's and 503's from Zope + Firebird

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Thu, 7 Mar 2002 21:09:10 +0100

Tomas Holenda writes:
 > I have combination Apache, pcgi, Zope 2.5, gvibDA 0.9.7., Firebird 1.0.0 RC2
 > On pages using database, I often get 500 Internal Server Error and 50
 > Service Unavailable.
Who generates these error pages?

  When its Zope, they should contain tracebacks (maybe in HTML comments.
  This means, you see them only when looking at the HTML source).

  When its Apache, then Zope probably died (or you have an unfortunate
  error page defined for Apache rather than letting the original
  page through).

Turn on Zope logging (search the mailing list archives for "STUPID_LOG_FILE")
and see what's written in the log file.
When Zope dies, look at the Zope stability document, recently announced
on the list.

Dieter