[Zope-DB] Oracle 8.1.7.1 on Solaris 8

Dario Lopez-Kästen Dario Lopez-Kästen
Tue, 12 Mar 2002 22:28:59 +0100

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jorge O. Martinez" <jmartinez@eMediaMillWorks.com>
To: "Paul Browning" <paul.browning@bristol.ac.uk>
Cc: <zope-db@zope.org>
Sent: Tuesday, March 12, 2002 10:18 PM
Subject: Re: [Zope-DB] Oracle 8.1.7.1 on Solaris 8

> Paul:
>
> Really? That does not sound good. Could you get it to work though?
>
> Jorge M.

Let me put it this way: it might be better now, but back then, because of
the problems that where, it force me to become the proud owner of a 2 CPU
dell rack.-mounted thing, running redhat. Until then, we where Solaris only
for servers.

It really sucked on a Enterprise 450 with 1 or 2 gigs of ram and 4 CPUs.

Python problems, threading problems zope instabilities... etc etc.

Some of these issues have been resovled by pther snow, but zope the
threading problem is still there AFAIK. Zope really pushes Python to it's
limits and on solaris it seems to just not work well...

Sorry to be so negative.

/dario

Dario Lopez-Kästen     Systems Developer  Chalmers Univ. of Technology
dario@ita.chalmers.se  ICQ will yield no hits    IT Systems & Services