[Zope-DB] result set question

Joel Burton joel@joelburton.com
Wed, 13 Mar 2002 13:11:12 -0500

> dtml provides some special things for that (they just got fixed ...)
>
> <dtml-sqlgroup where>
> 	<dtml-sqltest fooid type="int" optional>
> </dtml-sqlgroup>

Yep. Realistically, I usually don't use the <dtml-sqlgroup> and
<dtml-sqltest> for most things, but for complicated cases where might be
emitting one or more of several where clauses, there can be very helpful.

> I would provide 2 Queries, for the case you don't want to
> retrieve all fields of a set
> or need to join some other tables for the detail view. This would
> save some speed and memory.

I would always use two myself; I suppose that some would argue that for
simple selects, the speed/memory is insignificant. I prefer two in all cases
beacuse it's clearer.