[Zope-DB] FreeBSD+MySQL <---> Windows 2000+MSAccess

Dmitry Kalashnikov dvk@qwest.net
Fri, 10 May 2002 10:29:25 -0700

Hello,

I work for my University, and I am 'forced' to run some of the database
backend on MS Access, because it was there before I was hired. I am in
the process of switching the database servers to FreeBSD running
Postgresql and MySQL.

We have a webserver running FreeBSD+Zope+Apache, and a windows box with
MS Access. I need a way to connect my FreeBSD server t to that windows
box, and pull some (Z)SQL queries off of it.

Currently, I got around the problem by running zope on the windows box,
and I've been using Jet adapter to connect to ODBC sources (locally),
but this is pretty shitty, so I am trying to find a better way. Mainly,
it needs to work over network, because I want Zope to be running on
Unix.

What would you reccomend?

Thanks,
Dmitry