[Zope-DB] Newbie is stuck: Zope-MySQL

Dmitry Kalashnikov dvk@qwest.net
Fri, 10 May 2002 10:57:17 -0700

On Thu, 9 May 2002 21:14:23 -0700
"Roger Fisher" <rlfisher@sprynet.com> wrote:

> Hello -
>
> I am having difficulty connecting Zope and MySQL on a Win9x system.  Zope is
> running fine by itself, and MySQL is running fine by itself. The trouble is
> with the connection between the two.
>
> I have copied ZMySQLDA into the zope\...\Products\ZMySQLDA folder
>
> I have copied MySQL-python into zope\...\Products\MySQL
>
> zope\..\Products\MySQL\setup.py (in the win32 section) seems to point
> correctly to the mysql installation.
>
> Startup of the zope server fails to find the _mysql file.
>
> I really don't know where to go from here.  Thanks very much for any
> suggestions... direct replies preferred.

1. Create a mysql user account for zope with minimal privileges
2. On zope management screen, create a new mysql database connection to 'localhost' with that username and password you've just created.
3. Click on 'Browse' tab, and you should see some mysql tables (if you have any).

Hope this helps,
dmitry