[Zope-DB] Zope and Sybase ASA's bigint

Jakub Wiœniowski Jakub Wiœniowski
Tue, 5 Nov 2002 16:32:38 +0100

  Hi all

  I've got a serious problem with Zope (2.6) and bigint datatype which is used by
  Sybase Adaptive Server Anywhere (8.00).
  I connect to database from Zope via ODBC (ODBC plug-in downloaded
  from Zope.org). Problem is that I can't get any data from column which datatype
  is bigint.
  In ODBC Connection test window (in Z SQL Method it behaves in the
  same way) I write:
      select newBzd from farm_towaryG where newBzd=143310215767
  and Zope shows:
      Error Type: ValueError
      Error Value: Invalid value, 143310215767, for nowyBloz in record 0
  but when I type:
      select oldBzd from farm_towaryG where newBzd=143310215767
  everything is OK and I get desired result. Difference is of course in data type
  oldBzd is integer and newBzd is bigint.
  What should I do? Is it possible to get bigint data from my DB?

--
Greetings,
 Jakub Wisniowski