[Zope-DB] Oracle DATE type question

Ben Avery ben@thesite.org
Thu, 21 Nov 2002 12:05:19 +0000

you might be better not using the Oracle DATE type at all, and just
storing them as strings. If you store them in a format like
YYYY-MM-DDhh24:mi:ss, then they will still sort in date order.

Would this be possible, or would it be too much work to change the
stored procedures?

When using ZSQL methods to insert dates, you always have to use TO_DATE
from the Zope string, so there's a certain amount of work to be done
however you choose to do it.

Ben