[Zope-DB] Problem with ZPsycopgDA and Zope 2.5.1

florent raurd-dumaine florent.ruard-dumaine@mom.fr
Wed, 30 Oct 2002 11:30:18 +0100

Hello,
I have problem with the PostgreSQL database adaptator using psycopg and Zope
2.5.1. With Zope 2.5.0, i had not problem, but i change computer and so i
upgrade all. With this version of Zope, the DA Psycopg not running. I have
recompiled psycopg, and reinstall the product ZPsycopgDA for this new
recompiled version. And the problem is exactely:
    - the first problem Zope indicate the DA is broken, because it don't
find the module psycopg.so
   - to resolve it, i try to make a link to the module in lib/python -where
there are some modules, but after restart Zope, the dA is broken yet, with
the message : "ImportError : /opt/zope/lib/python/psycopgmodule.so :
undefined symbole : PyType_IsSubtype"

I repeat both problems don't exist with 2.5.0? have you a solution with
2.5.1, or do you think that i must downgrade to 2.5.0 or upgrade to 2.6 to
resolve the problem - and if i upgrade 2.6, other modules, that i have
installed work yet -PHParser,...- and my webapplications running on zope
works yet without modification??-

Thanks Blackshack