[Zope-DB] ORACLE STORAGE - Solaris

Michael Havard nhavar@hotmail.com
Tue, 03 Sep 2002 14:50:23 +0000

Problem: We have ZOPE running on Solaris. We have an Oracle database as a
content repository using the DCOracleStorage option. Without using DCOracle2
and DCOracleStorage ZOPE starts without incident. With the Oracle storage
hooked up I get the following:

2002-09-03T14:27:57 PANIC(300) z2 Startup exception
Traceback (innermost last):
  File /home/usr1/zope/z2.py, line 497, in ?
  File <string>, line 1, in ?
  File /home/usr1/zope/lib/python/Zope/__init__.py, line 40, in ?
  File /home/usr1/zope/custom_zodb.py, line 1, in ?
    (Object: DCOracle2)
  File /home/usr1/zope/lib/python/DCOracle2/DCOracleStorage/__init__.py, li?
  File /home/usr1/zope/lib/python/DCOracle2/DCOracleStorage/Full.py, line 9?
ImportError: cannot import name dbiRaw

We do have this solution running fine on a Windows NT box it's only n
Solaris that I receive this particular error.

Question: Any thoughts on why this might occur?

Additionally - I work in a fortune 500 company. We are currently in the
beginning phase of our project and my superiors have asked me to elicit some
feedback from other large companies using ZOPE (preferably in the
pharmaceutical or medical services field). We would like to know how people
are using it, what problems they may have run into (what to watch out for)
and success stories. This information will be added to our documentation and
help to solidify ZOPE's place as a more permanent solution within our
company. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Being that this is a public forum and therefore e-mail addresses are exposed
to others feel free to contact me at nhavar@hotmail.com and we can have a
more private exchange.