[Zope-DB] connect oracle database with oracle client 9i and DCOracle on zop e plateform

CARRIE Laurent Laurent.CARRIE@ifp.fr
Thu, 3 Apr 2003 14:01:01 +0200

hi,

we have a big problem with zope and Oracle connection database.

we have installed oracle client 9i on linux red hat 7.2 (it's okay), =
but now
we would like connect zope with 8i database on another server, we =
search
database adaptor for zope, we find DCoracle2.

when we used DCoracle2 we have this error message :

"we have Installing: binary release for Python 1.5.2
 ... test loading DCOracle2 ...
 ERROR: DCOracle2 failed to load
=20
The most likely reason DCOracle2 failed to load is a platform
binary mismatch between your version of Oracle and the
version of Oracle the pre-built binary was compiled against,
Oracle 8i.  You can either rebuild DCOracle2 from source, or
install Oracle 8i client libraries on your computer.  You
may be able to obtain Oracle client libraries at
http://technet.oracle.com
=20
The python error message is:
exceptions.ImportError: libclntsh.so.8.0: cannot open shared object =
file: No
such file or directory"

we think it's because we used oracle 9i,

do you know how use DCoracle2 with client oracle 9i or if doesn't exist
DCoracle for oracle 9i.

Laurent Carri=E9

=20
Visitez notre nouveau site Web / Visit our new Website
www.ifp.fr=20