[Zope-DB] Newbie question: DCOracle2 installation

Tena Sakai tena.sakai.b@bayer.com
Thu, 3 Apr 2003 16:28:34 -0800

Greetings folks,

I just downloaded the latest DCOracle2 product.  I am a bit
confused about installation.  It says:
      After compilation on Unix, the easiest thing to do is link
      lib/python/Products/ZOracleDA in Zope's tree to your DCO directory.

Does "DCO directory" mean the DCOracle2 directory created
from untar'ing?  Assuming that's the case, would the following
paraphrasing be correct?  (I am not doing any compiling.  Oops,
the platform I am using is Redhat 8.0, zope, zope 2.6.1, python 2.1.3)
      After untar'ing, create a link called
(zope-home)/lib/python/Products/ZOracleDA
      to the newly created DCOracle2 directory.

Am I mistaken in thinking that I can get away with no compilation is
necessary?

By the way, is there anyway I can do this via gui in /Control_Panel/Products?

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Tena Sakai