[Zope-DB] PoPy

Luke Vanderfluit luke@chipcity.com.au
Sat, 26 Apr 2003 10:17:16 +0930

Hi, I have installed ZOPE 2.6.1 and want to get it working with Postgresql 7.3
on my RedHat 8.0 box.
I undertook to install ZPoPyDA-2.0.8 but it needs the PoPy module.
I undertook to install PoPy-2.0.8 but it complains as follows:

############################
checking for python... /usr/bin/python
checking python version... 2.2
checking python installation prefix... /usr
checking python installation exec_prefix... /usr
checking definitions in Python library makefile... sed: can't read
/usr/lib/python2.2/config/Makefile: No such file or directory
done
checking for install... /usr/bin/install
checking location of python library... $(prefix)/lib/python2.2/site-packages
checking location of python shared modules...
$(exec_prefix)/lib/python2.2/site-packages
checking how to run the C preprocessor... /lib/cpp
checking for mxDateTime.h... yes
checking location of mxDateTime... /usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/DateTime
checking for PQconnectStart in -lpq... no
configure: error: can't build without PostgreSQL libraries
#################################

I have used the option '--with-postgresql-libraries' and most paths (including
/usr/lib, /usr/share/installs/pgsql/lib [where I have postgres installed])

however the error remains the same.

I want to get ZOPE working with Postgresql,
any help greatly appreciated,

kind regards,

"don't turn off the interior light"
Luke Vanderfluit Mobile: 0421 276 282