[Zope-DB] Newbie ZODBC Install question

Paul Browning paul.browning at bristol.ac.uk
Tue Dec 23 15:28:42 EST 2003

You need to ensure that zip (etc) archives of Products extract
into the <zoperoot>/lib/python/Products directory

where <zoperoot> is your  'top level Zope directory'

Some developers archive Products with a leading
lib/python/Products path, some don't. It catches out
newbies (like it used to catch out me).

Paul

--On 23 December 2003 15:05 -0500 "James W. Beauchamp"
<jbeauchamp at gesinc.com> wrote:

> Hi:
> I am a newbie to Zope and have just installed it on a Windows XP box
> for initial testing.  I would like to test the ODBC capability so I
> went and downloaded the ZODBC DA.  The installation instructions say
> to simply extract the zip file into your 'top level Zope directory'
> and restart zope.  When I installed Zope I put it in the directory
> 'GESI'.  So I extracted the ZODBC DA files into that directory and
> dutifully restarted zope.  However, I still don't have the Z OdBC
> object in the dropdown box on the management interface.  Am I doing
> something wrong, looking in the wrong place?? Or all of the above?
>
> Any help or direction is appreciated.
>
> Thanks
>
> James

 The Library, Tyndall Avenue, Univ. of Bristol, Bristol, BS8 1TJ, UK
   E-mail: paul.browning at bristol.ac.uk  URL: http://www.bris.ac.uk/