[Zope-DB] MySQLDA install question

Crosbie Fitch crosbie@cyberspaceengineers.org
Wed, 19 Feb 2003 21:20:32 -0000

> From: Bernard Golden
> When I download this and attempt to install (use the
> mysql-python.exe), it
> comes up and gives me a screen which asks for which python
> installation to
> use, but with no choices in the window.  Am I doing something
> wrong in this
> installation?  I extracted the DA into my Zope directory.  It must be
> something simple, but I can't work out what it is.

I had the same problem and finally found the following message from
http://sourceforge.net/forum/forum.php?thread_id=621106&forum_id=70461

which provides a fix.

"
By: locquet ( Bertrand LOCQUET )
 RE: Install Win32 Pythonware Distro
2002-10-03 07:36
I found a solution
Before installing MySQL-python-0.9.2.win32-py2.1.exe
Just add an entry to you register base :
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Python\PythonCore\2.1\InstallPath]
@="C:\\Program Files\\WebSite\\bin"

Replace the default value @= with the path to you python.exe installed with
Zope.

Then run the MySQL-python installation and select the entry. It works well
;-)
"