[Zope-DB] Aquaduct, Tabula, et. al.

Andrew Veitch andrew@logicalprogression.net
Fri, 03 Jan 2003 16:43:53 +0000

On 3/1/03 4:00 pm, "Jeff Sacksteder" <jwsacksteder@ramprecision.com> wrote:

> I am performing a rather complex set of reports based on poorly normalized
> data in an external database and have found a need for intermediate tables
> to be built in zope somehow. I intend to create a python script that will
> pull the data out of my external DB through a ZSQL method, process it up
> into the format I need, then insert it into some intermediate source that I
> can then query. It looks like the only practical solution would be a Gadfly
> DA.

The choices here are either to use a CREATE VIEW in SQL to produce an
intermediate table or use a pluggable brain (I love the name) as described
in the Zope Book to process the result from the ZSQL method.

Logical Progression Ltd, 3 Randolph Crescent, Edinburgh, EH3 7TH, UK
Tel: +44 (0)131 466 9585 Web: http://www.logicalprogression.net/