[Zope-DB] Zope and MySQL running on Windows

Charlie Clark charlie@begeistert.org
Mon, 13 Jan 2003 17:59:11 +0100

On 2003-01-13 at 17:22:42 [+0100], McDonnell, Larry wrote:
> But I still this error:
>
> 2003-01-07T09:26:16 ERROR(200) Zope Could not import Products.ZMySQLDA
> Traceback (innermost last):
>   Module OFS.Application, line 541, in import_product Module
>   Products.ZMySQLDA, line 106, in ?
>   Module Products.ZMySQLDA.DA, line 108, in ?
>   Module Products.ZMySQLDA.db, line 106, in ?
> ImportError: No module named MySQL
>
> Can you please tell me what I am missing or doing wrong, thanks in
> advance.

Hi Larry,

Python can't find the MySQL driver and so the Zope DA (Database adapter)
can't be started. It looks like you've put the MySQL driver into the wrong
folder. Try moving the stuff you put in /zope/lib/python into /zope/bin -
it should be a single folder. To be sure try this in a DOS window:
cd \zope
cd bin
python
import MySQL

if you don't get an error you should be sorted.

Background

\zope\bin contains a complete Python distribution and means you can use
Python without Zope - you can also delete this folder quite happily if you
have Python already running...
\zope\lib contains all the stuff which Zope needs to run.

Charlie