[Zope-DB] Creating Search Interfaces to MySQL Databases

Charlie Clark charlie@begeistert.org
Tue, 14 Jan 2003 18:12:27 +0100

On 2003-01-14 at 17:58:35 [+0100], Deb B. wrote:
> I am running Zope 2.5.x and have built several databases in MySQL. I have
> successfully built interfaces to ADD, EDIT, LIST information in the MySQL
> databases through the site, but can't seem to determine the best route
> (or any route) for building database SEARCH interfaces for my users. I
> don't always want to build custom reports for them--I want to give them
> the flexibility to search on the MySQL databases via the browser too.
> Does anyone know the right HTML/DTML, etc. code for a search box and
> to structure the results pages.
>
> Thanks! (BTW, I'm not a programmer...just a sole IT person for a small
> company...so please respond accordingly--translation, "in detail and in
> plain english"...lol.)

Hi Deb,

Zope comes with "Wizards" to help you do just want you want. Just add a "Z
search interface" into a folder and follow the instructions and the bits
you need will be created automatically. I suggest you choose pagetemplates
rather than DTML.

You will have already needed to create a couple of ZSQL-methods to work
with.

Hope that gets you started. Come back if you're stuck

Charlie